I Remember That Story... Maybe... Maybe NOT!
While looking through my clip art collection I noticed this gem.
I thought I could write a good paragraph about it and ask what act have you done that could be compared to the boy who put his finger in the leaking dike. Then I realized I really don't remember the story at all.
I've put together this quiz for you about the story.
1) The story is inside of a more well know story, what is the name of it?
2) Who was the author of the story?
3) The boy in the sub-story is never identified BUT what is the names of the boy and girl in the main story?
4) Although the boy in the sub-story is not named he is identified as...?
As far as the question I was going for originally: "What act have you done that could be compared to the boy who put his finger in the leaking dike?" The only thing I could come up with for myself is almost embarrassing. Our neighborhood had a long history of City sewer back-ups that the City seemed content to ignore until I focused on it to the point it made two front page stories in our paper and it couldn't be ignored any more (no Alan May , I didn't put my finger in it... just a drain stopper).
1) Hans Brinker; or, the Silver Skates: A Story of Life in Holland
2) Mary Mapes Dodge
3) Hans Brinker and Gretel
4) "The Hero of Haarlem"
WARD COUNTY NOTARY SERVICES
ROBERT L. TIMM, OWNER
201 Main Street South, Suite 116
Minot North Dakota 58701
Call or text 701-720-8513